Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Bit Of sewing

In and around everything else going on here - baking, eating, visiting, eating, presents, eating, knitting ... and did I mention eating ... I have a managed a few stolen moments in the sewing room.

My pile of 156 


I'm now up to 210!  But my math was wrong - I need 320 blocks; I'm more than 1/2 way there.

And my dilemma about my 30's BOM/Orphans?


I ditched the pinwheels - for now - and am going with flying geese sashing.


They will be scrappy (not all blue), this is just what I've gotten made.  I think this is much better, certainly better proportionally. I added a teeny border around each block.  They weren't exactly all the same size.


And as my friend CAPPY says ... "when in doubt, turn those blocks on-point."  Or was it, "add appliqué ."?  I'm going with on-point.




No comments: